I find this to be a hearty, filling and comforting meal, particularly in winter when you want to curl up with a blanket and some good tasty food. This is a Vegetarian Slimming World friendly meal.
- Fry Light Cooking Spray
- 1 carrot
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 60g frozen peas
- 1kg Sweet Potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 200g red lentils
- 600ml Vegetable stock
- Salt & ground black pepper
- Dice the carrot and onion, crush the garlic and soften in a pan for 2 or 3 minutes. Add the lentils and then the vegetable stock, bring to the boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and peas (skin the tomato if you wish), cook for 2 to 3 minutes and season to taste.
- Transfer the lentil and vegetable mix to an oven proof dish.
- Meanwhile, dice the sweet potatoes and boil for 10-15 minutes until soft and tender. Drain the water, mash and season the potatoes ( I like a good amount of black pepper) and spread on top of the lentils mixture.
- You could sprinkle a Healthy Extra A serving of cheese on top or syn some if you want, put the dish in the oven for 10 minutes or until bubbling and serve.
If you are interested, I post my Vegetarian Slimming World meal plan for the week on a Monday and track my weight loss journey on a Wednesday.
Looking for other Vegetarian Slimming World friendly recipes?