I’ve seen a few of these posts around over the last couple of years and I’ve been envious of the people who have been organised enough to think about this and be ready to start on January 1st. Well this year, I’ve decided that I’ll be one of them.
I have some home goals, one or two personal goals, a couple of generic blogging goals and lots of goals for Bear and I to cross off together. I may as well get straight into it.
1. Declutter the living room and create a separate snug / reading area in the dining room / no man’s land.
2. Start Skint Dad’s 1p Savings Challenge .
3. Publish 3 times a week minimum on my blog.
4. Go on holiday. Anywhere, anyhow!
5. Have a night out with friends.
6. Decorate / reorganise and declutter bedroom.
7. Take Bear to Muker in the Yorkshire Dales where I frequented as a child
8. Visit the seals at Teesmouth.
9. Vlog more.
10. Take Bear indoor skiing – Castleford?
11. Push to sort my health out!
12. Sign up to and follow money plan.
13. Go to a couple of blogging conferences.
14. Collect sea glass at Saltburn Sand Dunes.
15. Go bowling.
16. New shelves in living room.
17. Visit a Stately Home and Gardens.
18. Teach the dog a new skill.
19. Take bear to catch fish in a jar.
20. Go camping.
20. Take little man to a theme park.
21. Collect conkers.
22. Reduce dairy intake.
23. Visit tropical world in Leeds.
24. Double my Social media stats from:
25. Reach my goal weight and stay there.
26. Have a day out with my mum and sister no child.
27. Go crabbing in Whitby.
28. Pass my AAT level 2 Accountancy Qualifications.
29. Take bear to a new bike track.
30. Have a group or two of friends over for lunch.
31. Take bear Horse riding.
32. Reorganise utility.
33. Take a trip to London again with Bear, my Mum and my Sister and stay overnight.
34. Help Bear to feel confident enough to sleep at his Dad’s house.
So, a total of 34 things to achieve this year. Some may be very hard to achieve and I know that I may not be able to cross them all off the list but I would like to try. Having goals to enrich our lives and give more to us instead of resolutions that restrict are much healthier for me and much more positive. Not all can be achieved on my own but I can do my part.
Do you have any plans for the year? Every month I will check anything off my list that I have managed to achieve and at the end of the year, I can look back and see the things that we have achieved and experienced together.
Here’s to a fabulous blank slate of a New Year ahead of us.